The Static Monsters World Championships 2018 – Qualifying
With the release of the names of all those who have qualified tonight (November 2nd 2017) for the 2018 Static Monsters World Championships, here is some information that may help to answer a few questions.
- The top ten Monster Totals from each of the 8 weight classes will receive invitations to compete
- You have to compete in the weight class you qualified in. Due to the large number of athletes waiting for a spot in each weight class, we can not allow you to move weight classes.
- There is currently no Masters Class at the world championships for 2018
- If someone does not take up their invitation to compete, the next person in the rankings will be given the offer. So after the first person says no to their invitation, the person that came 11th in that class will then recieve the invitation to bring the numbers back up to 10 per weight class. This will continue down the rankings until all ten spots are filled for each of the 8 weight classes
- There will be a fee to participate in the Static Monsters World Championships (we expect it to be roughly $100 US Dollars for international competitors, made up of $80 competition fee and $20 Insurance fee)
- There is no currently confirmed prizemoney for the event (as at 2nd November 2017). We are hoping to have some sponsors to come on board so that we may offer prizemoney by the time the event comes around.
Competition Equipment: (Brought to you by Coco’s Gym – www.cocosgym.com.au)
- All weight classes will be competing using the same axle (minimum weight 160kgs )
- 62.5, 72.5, 82.5, Open Women, 80kg, 90kg classes will be using a 10 inch log (minimum weight 50kgs)
- 105 and Open Men will use a 12 inch log (minimum weight 85kgs)
- Competitors will have the opportunity to weigh in on the day and up to 24 hours from the time of the first lift of the event. Competitors will have to weigh in, in Kilograms under their alloted weight class. For example if you compete as an Under 62.5kg woman, you will have to weigh in at 62.49kgs or less.
- Scoring will work the same as your own Static Monsters qualifying event. A combined total of your best Log Press and best Log Lift within your class.
- The Gold Coast Arts Centre
- Accomodation in Surfers Paradise, the main tourist area of the Gold Coast is only 5 minutes drive away by taxi.
We are lucky enough to have the Gold Coast Arts Centre, an 1100 seat two tiered theatre with amazing seating and views from the entire seating area and a huge stage with fantastic sound. There will be a live stream for those who have families overseas wanting to watch and listen in.
Accepting your spot at The Static Monsters World Championships.
- After final Monster Totals for 2017 are released all athletes are required to contact us on [email protected] to indicate their preference for competing or not competing as soon as possible.
- At the end of November if we have not heard from competitors within the top ten about their initial preference that spot will be forfeitted to the next in line.
- Entry forms will also be made available over the next few weeks for competitors to sign up to be able to compete.
- Final acceptance of entries will need to be done by Thursday, March 1 2018 to allow any further competitors a chance to plan to compete if spots are turned down.
- If athletes pull out within the final 6 weeks before the event (From April 1st 2018 onwards) spots will be offered to locally based, qualified competitors to ensure a full field of competition for all athletes.
- The Static Monsters World Championships is being held on the 20th May 2018.
Thank you for taking part in The Static Monsters Worldwide event for 2017 and good luck on qualifying for the 2018 World Championships on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia in May 2018.