With the release of the names of all those who have qualified tonight (November 2nd 2018) for the 2019 Static Monsters World Championships, here is some information that may help to answer a few questions.
This is the promotional video taken from the 2018 World Championships, hopefully it gives you an overview of what to expect on the weekend of the World Championships 2019.
To Qualify and compete:
- The top ten Monster Totals from each of the 10 weight classes will receive invitations to compete
- You have to compete in the weight class you qualified in. Due to the large number of athletes waiting for a spot in each weight class, we can not allow you to move weight classes.
- This year is the first year we will have masters classes for Women and Men at the World Championships
- If someone does not take up their invitation to compete, the next person in the rankings will be given the offer. So after the first person says no to their invitation, the person that came 11th in that class will then recieve the invitation to bring the numbers back up to 10 per weight class. This will continue down the rankings until all ten spots are filled for each of the 10 weight classes
- The top 3 from each weight class from the 2018 World Championships have also qualified and will have spots held for them at the World Championships. This gives a potential of 13 spots for each of the eight weight classes (not including Masters).
- There will be a fee to participate in the Static Monsters World Championships (we expect it to be roughly $100 US Dollars for international competitors, made up of $80 competition fee and $20 Insurance fee)
- There is no currently confirmed prizemoney for the event (as at 2nd November 2017). We are hoping to have some sponsors to come on board so that we may offer prize money by the time the event comes around.
Competition Equipment: (Brought to you by Coco’s Gym – www.cocosgym.com.au)
- All weight classes will be competing using the same axle (minimum weight 160kgs )
- 62.5, 72.5, 82.5, Open Women, Masters Women will be using 10 inch log (minimum weight 50kgs)
- 80, 90 105 and Open Men, Masters Men will use a 12 inch log (minimum weight 85kgs)
- Competitors will have the opportunity to weigh in on the day and up to 24 hours from the time of the first lift of the event. Competitors will have to weigh in, in Kilograms under their alloted weight class. For example if you compete as an Under 62.5kg woman, you will have to weigh in at 62.49kgs or less.
- Scoring will work the same as your own Static Monsters qualifying event. A combined total of your best Log Press and best Log Lift within your class.
- Lifts can jump in denominations of 2.5kgs at a minimum. Rules are listed in the Rules section of this website
- The Carrara Indoor Sports Stadium – Newly refurbished for the 2018 Commonwealth Games. The Static Monsters World Championships is one of the first bookings they took after reopening to the public
- Accommodation in Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach, the main tourist area of the Gold Coast is only 12 minutes drive away by taxi.
- RACV Royal Pines Resort – 3 minutes by Taxi. A 5 star resort with 27 holes of Golf Course and amazing restaurants.
The Date of the event:
- The Static Monsters World Championships for 2019 will be on June 15 and 16 2019.
- The World Championships will be a 2 day event for 2019. This is due to the increased number of athletes competing with the Masters Classes now available.
Accepting your spot at The Static Monsters World Championships.
- After final Monster Totals for 2018 are released all athletes are required to contact email@example.com to indicate their preference for competing or not competing as soon as possible.
- At the end of November if we have not heard from competitors within the top ten about their initial preference that spot will be forfeitted to the next in line.
- Entry forms will also be made available in the near future for competitors to sign up to be able to compete.
- Final acceptance of entries will need to be done by Sunday march 31 2019 to allow any further competitors a chance to plan to compete if spots are turned down.
- If athletes pull out from April 1st 2019 onwards or classes are not full, spots will be offered to locally based competitors to ensure a full field and good level of strength of competition for all athletes.
Thank you for taking part in The Static Monsters Worldwide event for 2018 and good luck on qualifying for the 2019 World Championships on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.