The inaugural running of The Static Monsters World Championships happened on May 20th 2018, at the Home of The Arts, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. Athletes from 10 countries came together to compete based on them qualifying in the Static Monsters Worldwide event in October 2017.
For 2019 the chase to get a chance to compete in the World Championships will be tougher as more than 14 countries host over 40 competitions all on the same weekend, October 27 and 28th 2018 where competitors will compete to qualify for a spot in the top ten in 2019!
Look for an event near to you for 2019’s running of The Static Monsters Worldwide:
Thanks to the support of:
– Coco’s Gym – www.cocosgym.com.au/
– All Metal Magic – www.allmetalmagic.com.au/
– Tangalooma Island Resort – www.tangalooma.com/
– Nutrition Warehouse (Ashmore) – www.nutritionwarehouse.com.au/
– Champion Physiotherapy – championphysio.com/brisbane/
Video production thanks to Dan and Jacqui of Bordertown Films:
Scores and places: https://www.staticmonsters.com/2018/05/18/smwc-2018-live-scoresheet/
Full Live Stream of the World Championships:
Get your World Championships t-shirt here: